No Products in the Cart
Quad ERA-1, is the first planar magnetic headphones from the highly revered Quad brand, offering a frequency range of 10 to 40k Hertz. They are supplied with 2 pairs of different earpads (genuine leather and synthetic leather) for slightly different acoustics; the sound is tuned to match Quad's world-famous ESL range of loudspeakers.
Unlike ordinary headphones that use mass-produced dynamic cone drivers which can hamper transient response and cause an uneven frequency response, Quad's cutting-edge planar magnetic technology delivers a more natural and accurate sound, ensuring you hear every nuance of a recorded musical performance.
Quad Era-1 incorporates an ultra-thin, electrically active diaphragm, thinner than a human hair yet extremely strong and highly elastic, weighing less than the air it displaces. This is fused with a precisely arranged magnet array, designed to maximise sensitivity and consistency of the applied force over the driver area.
- Synthetic leather earpads
- Genuine sheepskin earpads
- 1-Y cable
- Eva carry case
- Transducer: Dynamic
- Diaphragm: Planar Magnetic
- Wear: Over Ear Headphones
- Impedance: 20Ω +/-15% (@1kHz)
- Sensitivity: 108 +/-3dB/Vrms
- Sensitivity @1000Hz: 92dB/mw
- Frequency Response: 10-40,000Hz
- THD: <0.2% (@1000Hz, 1mW)
- In Power: 100/300mW (rated/max)
- Channel balance: <2dB (@100-5k Hz)
- Cable Length: 3m