Established 1968 01603 627010 firstname.lastname@example.org
DSP7200.2 Digital Active Loudspeaker
The latest edition of the DSP7200 Digital Signal Processing (DSP) active loudspeaker system includes a number of enhancements compared to the original version introduced in 2007. These include a new tweeter and advanced DSP developments.
DSP7200.2 is a self-contained "3½-way" audio system with four custom drivers, amplifiers, digital converters, improved digital crossovers and advanced sound-shaping DSP technology. An advanced 'apodising' DSP upsampling filter “cleans up” older digital recordings, and the new Enhanced Bass Alignment feature improves LF transient response.
Listener controls include volume, bass, treble tilt, listening axis, time-compensated balance, absolute phase. DSP7200.2 also supports other new features provided by Meridian Audio Core products such as the Audio Core 200.
The product features Meridian's SpeakerLink digital audio and control I/O interface via RJ45, for simple installation with unobtrusive wiring.
The curved cabinet features advanced damping technology and “Meridium” metal/wood laminate for superb rigidity.
The standard colours are black and white piano lacquer finishes, while other colours are available to order as part of the Meridian Select programme.
• Frequency response in-room within 3dB from 30Hz to over 20kHz.
• Maximum output >112dB spl @ 1m on music material.
• Noise less than 15dB spl.
• Overall electronic distortion typically <0.02% at any frequency or level.
• 1x phono digital input (S/PDIF)
• 1x balanced digital (AES/EBU) input on RJ45; 32kHz–96kHz sampling rates at up to 24 bit; MHR support. RJ45 input also carries RS232 and trigger.
• 1x RJ45 with balanced digital audio and control for a second loudspeaker. Carries infra-red pick up for system automation.
• ‘3½-way’ acoustic reflex system.
• Digital crossovers at 200Hz and 2.6kHz.
• 2 x 200mm long-throw bass drivers.
• 1 x 160mm polypropylene mid driver.
• 1 x 25mm aluminium-dome tweeter, silver wire, short horn-loaded.
• Gloss black or silver piano-lacquer cabinet, other colours available to order.
• FIFO memory buffer input for the lowest possible jitter from almost any source.
• Analogue gain & filtering with proprietary Meridian Class-A discrete amplification.
• Digital & conversion electronics utilise advanced surface-mount techniques and partitioned 6-layer printed-circuit boards.
• 4x 24-bit 128x oversampling D/A converters for maximum audio quality.
• 4x 150W/4Ω power amplifiers – one per driver.
• Vertical version: 1072 (42.25) H (no feet), 350/180 (13.75/7.1) W, 415/217 (16.5/8.5) D [base/top, mm (in)]
• HC version: 295 (11.6) H, 1060.5 (41.75), D 478.25 (18.8) max [mm/(in)]. Measure actual unit before specifying.
• 55kg (121 lb) each (vertical version).
• 64kg (141 lb) (horizontal centre version)
• Rear-panel controls for Power On/Off.
• MSR+ and RS232
• Eight-character display w/ system lights (may be turned off)
• 20W standby, 920W max
Standard finishes are available in piano lacquered white or black and a further 270 bespoke colour finishes are available via Meridian Select.
STANDARD FROM £17,000
SELECT FROM £18,200